Wednesday 23 July 2014

And We're Back

It's been a while, but I'm back from Vancouver. Can I take a moment to just say how much I like that city? It's great. It's just so much more alive than anywhere in my home province. Way much more to eat, to see.

And it's almost always cloudy, overcast, or raining. As a person who hates the sun and burns fast, this is a great blessing.

It's nice not having to walk around wiping your face every other second.

But seriously, that's pretty much what Erin and I did. We'd wake up, go out and find an interesting place to have lunch, go run around the city, eat some more, return back to her place, and then pass out.

One time we went and bought a box of donuts and ate that for dinner while watching TV. This is how you know you're an adult. When you can get away with eating atrocious things for dinner and not being reprimanded.


There were a few interesting things that we tried out while in Vancouver though, asides from our rampant gluttony. On the internet, there are games known as "Escape Room" games. Basically, you are trapped in a room and you need to use tools and hints within the room to break out.

Someone made real-life versions of such scenarios and they are a lot of fun. We grabbed one of Erin's friends to do one with us and we failed miserably. As in, we couldn't get beyond the second room.

If anyone else wants to try, I suggest running down to Exit if you're down there. Let me know how well you did with Lost Ship.

Erin also tried the Laboratory scenario with her family and failed.

But now that I'm back home, I have a whole slew of stories to share with you guys. Such as my health issues and how I hurt myself, my plans for the fall, and the creepy stalker from work.

Oh, and despite all my eating in Vancouver, I somehow managed to lose 5 pounds. Yay. Go me.

19 comments:

  1. He's back, huzzah!

    I wouldn't ever want to have donuts for dinner though. Hell, I already feel bad about myself after eating a small McDonalds meal, with DIET COKE, haha.

    There's such a thing as real-life escape rooms? Holy shit, that sounds super awesome. How does that even work though, do you just try to get out in a set amount of time, before you're called "time's up, gtfo"? Sounds like a great experience!

    Looking forward to your other stories man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If eating doughnuts for dinner is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you on losing five pounds. They make real versions of Escape Room games? That's pretty interesting. It's a shame I suck at those but it's gotta be fun for the people who can do them. If I move to Canada one day it seems Vancouver is the place to be for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Vancouver too. Great city, lots of fun, as you say. But one day The Big One will strike and who'll be laughing then? So stay in Alberta far, far away from earthquakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds likes lots of stories to be told. Never knew there was sucha place as Exit, that sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gluttony is good! And cool about making a real place form that game. Looking forward to all the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are going there at the end of August - any suggestions?

    And yes, well said, that is when you know you're a grownup. I remember renting Eddie Murphy videos in college because I wasn't allowed to watch them as a kid. I felt very adult :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend that you go find EXIT and try the escape room game yourself (note, you need to book it in advance) and if you like sushi go to Kamei Royale. It's a bit pricey but I thought it was worth it.

      Delete
  8. Have you considered creating a scam website for weight loss? I mean, if you're going to unfairly lose weight, might as well get rich doing it? "I ate donuts all week and still lost 5 lbs! Come see how, only $19.99!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you are onto something here... "DWei's Donut Diet." Eat nothing but donuts and lose 5 lbs a week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to go to this Exit place! More about this amazing Exit place and all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exit sounds soooo cool! I've never been to Vancouver before but would love to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, you didn't want to lose five pounds, right? Gah!

    I'm glad you had a good time and visit. :)

    We don't have much sun this summer in Michigan. Had to leave the park yesterday because we were too cold w/o our jackets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. welcome back
    congrats for losing 5 pounds

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would also love to see Vancouver. I heard that it is really modern and well built.
    Loosing five pounds without trying is great. It means that you were eating the right kind of food and were walking a lot. Donuts could be good as well but only sometimes and with skim milk and as a reward after eating right.
    Seeing places involves walking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back! I love donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Five pounds... We need to invent an app so we can exchange pounds. And I'm not talking about money.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The last time I was here I thought you wanted to gain weight, not lose it!

    ReplyDelete