Saturday 4 February 2012

Who Wants to Know More About me?

Before I start this post. I'm certain most of my fellow Canadian bloggers are aware of Bill C-11 or Canada's version of SOPA. If you haven't already, sign this petition and send a letter to your MP. I prefer my internet uncensored.

So I can browse freely through the night.
 
But no one wants to learn more about me? Dang. Well then you might as well just gloss over this post. Feel free to leave a generic "LOLOLOL GREAT POST" comment if you so desire. But Fang has decided to ask me a bunch of questions so let's try something a bit different today.

  1. Put the rules of this Tag on your blog.
  2. Everyone tagged should tell 11 things about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the person who tagged you, tag 11 other people and ask them 11 different questions.
  3. Let the people whom you tagged know you've done so.
  4. Don't tag anyone who's been tagged before.
  5. Really do tag 11 others, and don't go all "if you want to, take this tag".

That's what I thought.


I'm not that obnoxious to make you listen to me ramble about how (un)awesome I am. We're reducing the number of "facts", questions and tagged people to 4. Why? Because:
  1. I like the number 4. Whenever possible I try to incorporate it into as many things as possible. Yeah, I know it's unlucky in Asian cultures due to it sounding similar to the word for death but I'm still alive and relatively unhealthy.
  2. I have synesthesia. I'll see a letter, number, or a word and it'll have a color involuntarily attributed to it. My name "Damian" appears to me as navy blue with hints of poppy red but the name "Robert" is brown. The number "267" is a pumpkin orange whereas "241" is baby blue.

    My variant of synesthesia is fairly common. Other people experience certain tastes when they hear a sound or when seeing a color they'll have a smell associated with it. Tons of types out there.

  3. My wardrobe is kind of pathetic. It consists of nothing but dress shirts, graphic t-shirts and jeans. I seriously dress myself everyday by just grabbing random combinations of the above.

  4. I'm abnormally tall for an Asian person at over 6 feet. No, I do not play basketball. No, I am not related to Yao Ming.
 What compels a man to make this face...

 Now to answer 4 of Fang's questions:
  1. Do you collect something?

    I am guilty of collecting virtual hats and items in Team Fortress 2.

  2.  Weirdest dream?

    I fall a lot in my dreams. And most of the time it's because I'm jumping off of high places to begin with. I always hit the ground and I usually climb back up and jump again multiple times.

  3. Do you have any neurotic/OCD tendencies?

    Any time I'm a moving car and look at the door I have the greatest urge to just open the door. These thoughts seem to happen more often when going down a highway.

    I end up locking the doors just in case my willpower breaks.
     
  4. How was your day? Anything exciting happened?

    I've been up since 7AM on a Saturday and I want nothing more than to go back to sleep. I have a date with Theresa later on though so maybe she can help wake me up. 

And my questions for those unlucky enough to be chosen:
  1. For unspecified reasons you have just acquired $40, 000 in $20 dollar bills. For other unspecified reasons you have 10 minutes to hide all this money somewhere in your home where no one will ever find it. Where would you hide the money?

  2. You have been abducted by aliens that are undecided in destroying the planet. What are you carrying in your pockets that will either convince or deter the aliens from doing so?

  3. An eccentric billionaire wants to hire you for a year to act as her personal dinosaur. You will be assigned a dinosaur costume, be expected to act and sound like said dinosaur at all times, only be allowed to eat whatever that dinosaur ate, get equipped with a saddle, as well as many other requirements. You will receive benefits and at the end of the year be paid handsomely. Do you take the job? Why?

  4. You have been granted the ability to give the worst superpower possible to your worst enemy. What does he/she gain?
I think this is the most appropriate response to my questions.

Ok, time to tag 4 people. I have no idea if you guys have done this before but either way you can decline.
  1. JOutlaw
  2. Ipenka
  3. Nathan
  4. R.gers
Anyone not tagged is more than welcome to answer any of those questions in the comments below. I'll have a normal post for Tuesday.

74 comments:

  1. I'm happy to get to know you more. (lol good post)

    As for where to hide my money? I would hide it near or inside my hazardous waste containers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting stuff mate, I was actually more than happy to know more about you. That desire to jump out of moving cars is weird compulsion to have and have fun on that date with Theresa too! Oh and by the way... LOLOLOLOL great post! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I have to ask now, what do you see when you see my name? Anyway, it's nice to know I'm not the only person with a wardrobe like that. Because I am compelled to answer questions;
    1. I have no idea. I'll probably try to stuff my couch cushions and mattresses with it. But that seems cliché.
    2. An iPod filled with Justin Bieber to convince them to do it and portable speakers to play it with in the other to deter them if they won't take me.
    3. Yes. Because I'd probably have fun doing it. Plus I'm a weird bastard.
    4. They would gain the power to understand fish, but not be able to talk back to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have synesthesia. It was very weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Synesthesia sounds awesome! I've never heard of that before...

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck against your c-11 bill, i don't even know whats going on down here in america anymore. the house struck it down, the congress didn't allow it, but the president signed it into law? or they just decided to go world police on everyone with our tax money.. idk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool post bruhh, wish I would've been tagged :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait, you have synesthesia? That is SO awesome, I've been wanting to have something similar since, well, since I've heard of it! Have yet to find a way to train yourself into having it though. (brain-powered syntax highlighting when coding would be SO useful, and seeing sounds when you close your eyes is just damn sweet)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I have come to the realization that most bloggers have some form of ocd, so you aren't alone. Signed that petition too, stupid Canadian government trying to follow suit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're Canadian, Oriental and you're tall. Got it. I'm Canadian, half-Oriental and short. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOLOLOL GREAT POST

    jk

    Im the same. Grab random shit form the closet or often times wear the stuff form the night before. Yeah im cool like that..Anyway I have mainly plain white shirts several graphic tees some of which are of underground groups I like. Jeans and sneakers.

    Sigh..

    As for c-11 yeah fucked up. I wish you guys luck. man I swear 2012 is year of the internet crusades for censorship wtf is going on..

    And dam your pretty tall. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read up more on synesthesia since it sounds so interesting! And it's SO true that people ask you if you play basketball when you're tall XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL Great post!

    OH I'm kidding! Oh ok, it's a great post but being quite nosey I'm always keen to discover the blogger behind the blog! And you are one very interesting person indeed! I love that you see colours for words and numbers (I mean I apologise now if it's something you don't like to have AND I'm being totally insensitive, sorry, it's just I've never ever heard of this condition and I'm like - WOW!).

    Oh your questions are evil *wipes brow that Old Kitty hasn't been tagged!* LOL!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. "What compels a man to make this face..."

    Oh that's simple. It's derp.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow--I get the same urge whenever I'm in a moving car. I thought it was just another idiosyncratic bit of weirdness.

    ReplyDelete
  16. man must be wierd :) make u good at mathes? plus my name appears as brown :( such a boring colour

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol nice post!

    Just kidding. I remember getting these myself and being all excited at first, then I got 3 more within a week and I started getting really, REALLY tired. I'm also glad you broke the rules, and learning about you wasn't as bad as you made it out to be!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woohoo! I've been tagged! My internet fame continues to rise at a snails pace! First the internet, then the world! Mwahahahaha!

    Also, thank you for giving me material for making a new post! I'll answer all of your questions in it, I promise! Even the one about the dinosaur!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG I TAGGED YOU :((((
    AND YOU HAVE DONT IT ALREADY?
    Oh well..

    I tagged you in one of my posts, you are in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't think to ask, I just kinda ranted on myself only to find out nobody really cared, except for like one guy which was kinda awkward for me

    I also realized in that time I'm crazy ocd and never realized it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting post... I'm now fascinated with synesthesia... Would love to hear more about it in fact lol... I'm going to read the wiki page but it's much more interesting to hear about it from someone first hand. I suppose it might get frustrating for one reason or another - but to me is sounds really neat! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. And very funny too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I used to have the same compulsion to jump out of moving cars when I was a kid. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've done this game before and your questions are the most creative ones I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Its weird that Canada has the bill now, i'm guessing the net will rise up against them soon enough

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've always wanted to be a dinosaur...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. live long enough and you will be.....

      Delete
  26. Hooray for getting to know you.

    And, I too always want to open the door when the car is moving. I've always wanted to ever since I was little. I don't know if this means that we're both mentally unstable, or what. Maybe we're just daredevils?

    If we are crazy, I'm glad that I'm not alone in this urge.

    The picture of Yotsuba cracked me up. I will now proceed to read all of my manga XD.

    ReplyDelete
  27. lol at you guys and this silly game

    ReplyDelete
  28. I noticed you "broke" all the meme "rules"... a bit like someone I know... It makes it interesting, though.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are really tall! And I've never heard of synthenesia before, but that's definitely a cool fun fact to share with all of us. And just for good measure: "LOL GREAT POST"

    ReplyDelete
  30. Interesting stuff man !
    I wish to know more !

    ReplyDelete
  31. I link colours to smells, never knew there was a name for it though! Interesting post (:

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are an over 6 feet tall asian? That is a rarity, my brother is 6'. Most guys I think closets are filled with shirts and graphic tees so I think you are fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, it's so cool that you have synesthesia! I've not known anyone with the condition before, that's really cool. And I love the alien question you posted. Good luck with the Candaian Bill! And the weather in Bath is really nice, a bit chilly at the moment but that's to be expected. England gets a pretty good climate. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. that's interesting, wonder which colour you see around me :) Green, yes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. 1. In a hole in the dirt. Since i'm technically, "homeless', the whole earth is my hiding place.

    2. I show them the assorted sour and tech candy from our world. Once they have satisfied their desires on my loot of sourpuss makers and beeping buttons, they decide to stick around to fatten up.

    3. I take the job because I enjoy unconventional positions. Reminds me of the time I did a stint as a jellyfish's life coach.

    4. I imbue the power of colored farts to my arch enemy. He will forever be able to disintegrate rice paper with his black stench.

    Thanks for letting me answer these in your comments. I don't feel bad for writing blocks of text this way. My synesthesia is that I can taste things that are placed in my hand. Wierd, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love this post! You are such a unique, interesting person...thanks for sharing more of yourself with us all~

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello! I have problem with my english...I do not know it very well.But i understood and lliked your choosen way...

    ReplyDelete
  38. LOLOLOL GREAT POST

    heh i actually cut and paste that so i didnt have to type it. u should threw me in ther somewhere because my name has 4 letters....

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your questions are incredibly unique. You have a very creative mind.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I always thought it would be cool to have synesthesia...and I have a similar urge in cars

    ReplyDelete
  41. How do you not wake up before you fall in your dreams!?! I've never had a falling dream without waking up just before I impact on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ha, it's good to know you a little better. by the way, there's nothing wrong with grabbing random clothes from the wardrobe to dress yourself (I do the same hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I like the number 4 too, you not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  44. exactly. synesthesia sounds like you've been blessed with some super human power. hmm. what colour might Jaya J be i wonder :p

    ReplyDelete
  45. wow, that is a trippy disorder...but at least you're tall! Bastard, you got me by an 1 1/2 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  46. They carry out internet censorship here in Malaysia where I live, but most users have figured out ways to bypass those filters. Good luck guys and I'm hoping that even if the bill gets passed, the censorship will be as sloppy as ours.

    ReplyDelete
  47. You have synesthesia? Unbelievable. When I got ill in August I bought a book called Musicophelia by Oliver Sacks, the famous neurologist, and I read something about people who have synesthesia. I kept thinking about it all day. And now it turns out DWei is an expert. How about that? Is the world small place or what? I've got sarcoidosis, the disease that killed my friend Bernie Oceans Eleven Mac. He also suffered from sarcoidosis, which is an autoimmune disease causing inflammation in tissue. You have a nice day, DWei!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I've never heard of Synesthesia. Sounds cool, can I catch it from you?

    ReplyDelete
  49. Good to know you better ;). My wardrobe isn't any different as yours. I just take, what falls on me first, when opening the closet haha.

    ReplyDelete
  50. all internet is touched by theses SOPA-like

    in europe they juste have past ACTA, wich is harder than SOPA, and this is an intarnational Sopa version

    ReplyDelete
  51. Phew you did not pick me. Awesome weird questions you are asking.

    ReplyDelete
  52. yey
    you didnt tag me, i hate those things

    ReplyDelete
  53. That's so cool that you associate colors with everything!!!

    What do you associate with Jaclyn??? lol

    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hey, a fellow synesthete! Howdy there. And here I just wrote an entire post about synesthesia. Sounds like you have color-graphemic, but I've never heard of someone seeing such specific colors for triple-digit numbers. It'd be interesting if you charted out your entire color/number spectrum.

    (For anyone else wondering, synesthesia refers to how your brain is wired. It forms at birth or not at all!)

    Also, way to buck the meme. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I invite you to Islam

    http://www.sahihhadits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great post. Very interesting facts. I have never heard of Synethesia either.

    ReplyDelete
  57. keep the internet censor free

    ReplyDelete
  58. What does compel a man to make that face?

    ReplyDelete
  59. I could've sworn I commented on this before...

    You associate colors with words??? That's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Lots of money, huh! I'll keep it in the secret place that only me know. Asking me where is that place? I can't tell...it's a secret! :D

    ReplyDelete
  61. i always wake up when i jump from high places in dreams

    ReplyDelete
  62. Is it wrong that I kind of want synesthesia?

    ReplyDelete
  63. Sadly I've already been tagged by someone else. This is the problem with tagging people. :P

    ReplyDelete
  64. You have Synesthesia? You are now the most awesome person I know. I heard that you can see your enemies in red and friends in blue, is that true?

    ReplyDelete
  65. I think I can take this weeks Derp award for answering the wrong questions! I've updated my post though at the bottom with your ones answered! Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  66. let me read this one more time XD

    ReplyDelete
  67. Dude - "Synesthesia"? It has a name? I've suffered with this forever! The strongest form for me is associating colors with months (June is pale-green, July is yellow, December is navy) but I also have a strong taste=activity thing. Earl Grey tea = walking on the beach, etc.

    Since you changed the meme anyway, I'll change it some more and only answer 1 and 3:
    1. I'd hide it in the un-insulated walls of my house behind the wood-grain paneled walls. Perfect.
    3. Of course I'd do it - to be "paid handsomely" for something so ...I mean, a dinosaur! How awesome - and that would then become my best-selling book "my year as a dinosaur".

    ReplyDelete
  68. man I'm glad I wasn't tagged, I hate those games.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Oh man, I was tagged. O_o I almost missed this. I'm so ding this for my next blog post.

    ReplyDelete