Sunday 1 June 2014

Wedding Preperations

With less than a week to go before my cousin's wedding there has been a lot of scrambling around to get things ready. And by ready I mean appear semi-presentable. Not only is this a wedding that I'm attending, but the people attending include relatives that I haven't seen in years.

And one of them just happens to be staying in my room for the duration of the wedding.

And then I realized the state that my room was in.

Yeah. My room is kind of a disaster. It never really recovers from finals and I still have papers and books lying around despite finishing a month ago. I'm kind of lazy and I made half-hearted efforts to clean the mess of notes up.

But it's not just schoolwork that's cluttering up my room, all the supplements I've been taking have also made everything excessively dusty. I took the time to clean out the fans from my computer and I smelt chocolate protein powder.

The rest of my family claims that my room smells of nothing but chocolate too. But I'd rather them not know how many buckets and jars I have so I'll keep it stashed here. The smell is a small inconvenience.

A bit of vacuuming will fix this up.

And then there's the issue of my suit. I bought a new one last year because the other one I owned I've worn since Junior High. At the time of purchase, the suit jacket was a bit baggy and the suit pants did not fit. After numerous alterations we finally got it tight enough so that I could wear it with a belt.

I tried them on last week and they don't fit anymore. Yep, the stupid thing is too tight now. I really shouldn't be surprised though, I mean, I have half a dozen pairs of jeans I can't fit into either. This is what happens when you do squats and deadlifts.

In other news, my suit jacket fits me better. I just wish my upper body growth was as noticeable. Unless you're a bodybuilder, few people are going to stare at a man's legs and go "Nice quads". No, people look and say "Nice arms/abs/pecs".

Hello there.

So the suit pants need to be tapered, let out, hopefully the tailor can get it done on time. Lastly, I needed a haircut because my head looks like an uncut lawn. It's a pain in the ass to style and I have the worst bedhead.

And as luck would have it my hair dresser has left the country on an emergency. He returns on the day after the wedding. Perfect. My options now are to try and do something with this ridiculous mop of hair OR try a hair dresser my friend recommended.

Except the last two he recommended weren't great. I mean, they did his hair nicely but for me? Ehhhh...

Maybe I should learn to cut my own hair.

So I'm still scrambling. Honestly all of us are but it's exciting at the same time. It's a wedding, I get to see people, eat good food, dress up all fancy. It should be a fun time.

And if it isn't, well, good blogging material.

23 comments:

  1. Wedding preparation sounds Fun..I hope you can get everything done perfectly before the wedding starts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to wear a suit last week to an interview and it was way too baggy from weight I'd lost over the past few years. Didn't look right at all but I still wore it. You made me el-oh-el when you said your room smelled of chocolate! Have fun at the wedding Damien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooof weddings are stressful. Congrats on the close not fitting tho - I know you're working on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol that is true,no one says nice legs haha good luck with the scrambling

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say go with another hairdresser. Someone made me use my non-usual hairdresser and it went fine. Well done on having a suit that doesn't fit you anymore. It sucks but at the same time, you've done a good job of buffing up and filling it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope it all works out. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh, for a second I though, "DWei is getting married? Say what?!"
    Sounds like busy times and a lot of work for "the perfect day". Let's hope it's all worth it. Who knows, maybe people'll be impressed by your smooth looks and offer you all kinds of things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slap on a pair of short shorts and see how your tune changes on people telling you, "Bro, nice quads!"*

    *just not for the wedding. You don't want your quads to steal the show. It's the bride's day, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing wrong with the smell of chocolate protein powder. It beats the smell of feet. I love squats and deadlifts, but nly when you're the one doing them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to your cousin. They must be really exciting with all the planning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Daisy had people come over for a wedding too at her house. She had to share a room with her aunt for at least two days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If everything else fails at least you'll have something good to blog about

    ReplyDelete
  13. well...atleast u r not being a part of an Indian wedding..because that shit is crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck getting the tailoring (on your pants and hair) done on time. ;)

    We just had a family wedding too, and got to see a lot of people we haven't in awhile. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why not try a hair dresser YOUR hair dresser recommends? And all of this does sound like it could make for good blogging material.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A room that smells lie chocolate sounds fine to me ;-) Good luck n getting all ready in time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure you'll get at least one blog post about the wedding if not more! Good luck getting your slacks altered and your hair cut in time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. In your room?! I don't like anyone in my family enough for that. I'm hoping you have a big room!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please tell me that comment got published.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Most single people are more afraid of the question "when is yours gonna be" wedding question. Are you?

    ReplyDelete
  21. good luck
    and like the Gif good selection

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can cut your hair if you want! But what's wrong with sleeping in a room that smells like chocolate? Chocolate is my guilty pleasure, yum yum I love it :)

    I do squats a lot and people always comment on my legs, thighs and bum, but I guess that's because I'm a girl - and it's pretty annoying. It's probably different for a guy yeah, but I'm sure if you keep working out people will soon start noticing your upper body change too :)

    ReplyDelete