Wednesday 14 May 2014

Coming out of Hiatus

After my last post about quitting Facebook I'm not sure what came over me. Maybe it wasn't just Facebook that I needed a break from, but all social media. For the first time since I started my blog, I couldn't find it in myself to keep typing. Little achievements and what not had occurred, "interesting" and "note-worthy" things came to my attention, but I stayed silent.

Or we can pretend I went temporarily blind and couldn't type.

But I'm back. Thank you to everyone who left comments wondering where I went to. It's nice to know that I was missed. It says something when more people via Blogger wonder where I went compared to Facebook. Seriously, only 2 people wondered what happened to my Facebook account.

Maybe I should have more of a presence.

Or do more horrible things.


But yes, stories. How the end of the term went, my non-stop workouts, my hunt for a job, plans for the future, and my cousin's upcoming wedding. All our family is coming to visit us and we haven't seen some of them in over a decade. This should be fun.

It's good to be back. Posting schedule is back to every third day. Can't wait to jump around and see what everyone else has been up to.

24 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you went. A break is NOT a bad thing, but welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you back. I'd noticed you'd gone, but just didn't say anything. I'm not the type to. You needed a break, you took it, you came back. Now you know what you really care about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to read you back...You are one of my favorite blogger..

    i'm looking forward to read more about the upcoming events

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!! Hope everything is going well for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all need a hiatus at times. But glad to see you are back in the saddle, looking forward to reading about your life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quitting Facebook was the best thing I've ever done. Kudos to you for doing it. Social media is a huge time-suck and there's always so much drama.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! You're back! Weddings are great places to meet girls, hint hint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you back, I think most of our buddies we knew from 2011 don't do anything anymore.

    Though I will say everyone does need a break. I often feel unmotivated, and sometimes just have to have a day or two away, though I usually have something written in advance where nobody notices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! Count 2 more for "wondered where you had gone." We thought perhaps quitting Facebook was code for quitting blogging as well.

    I bet if I closed my Facebook account no one would notice. Or care. Same with half the friends I have on Facebook. And I think that really says something about Facebook as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back to the blogland shack, sounds like much is in store for your shore

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some breaks are necessary. Nice to see you back! I honestly just thought you were busy with something, wouldn't be the first time and it usually means you come back with at least ONE good story.

    I expect way more than one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It says something when more people via Blogger wonder where I went compared to Facebook... Enough said. I call Facebook "Blogger Light". That's right.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone needs a break. We have to live life in order to write about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm late to the party here, but welcome back man! In your absence, you were missed. But now that you have returned, we can start living again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back. A break is so refreshing sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like we were taking break at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back! We missed you. I'm wondering if your magic helmet comment was a joke...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back. I got rid of facebook a long time ago. No one asks about me at either place or I would post more...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! You're back! Honestly, I don't think social media accomplishes much for humanity in general. Yes, information (usually fallacious) gets distributed at lightening speed... but I don't think it brings us closer together.

    Facebook is only good for one thing: stalking people you used to know so you can see if they got fat after high school.

    Blogging, on the other hand, has more depth. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good to see you back!

    I have an invite for you here

    Hope you'll grant my request :)

    ReplyDelete