Thursday 31 January 2013

Incoming Midterms

Ok, enough with the depressing posts. I'm good. I'm pretty much back to normal, as normal as a newly single guy can get. Thanks again for the kinds words but I'll be fine now. I mean, I technically did have the month before we official broke up to be miserable.

But if you don't include that month, I'm mostly recovered after about a week. For a relationship of that length should I have been in the grieving stage a bit longer? I don't know. Some people might call me cold, I'd prefer to call it being efficient. There's nothing I can do to change her mind, there's no point moping about, it's time to move on. I've watched enough people break up, read enough recovery techniques, so I can literally accelerate myself through this mess. Yay for putting Psychology to use.

Some people may also consider me cold because I'm already passively searching for a new girlfriend. But my social sphere has rapidly shrunk, I barely know any friends or friends of friends, and I'm really picky. I'm not the kind of guy who'll go to a bar and randomly pick up women. Seriously, all the people I've dated and considered dating have had long, thoughtful conversations with me over a period of time.

It'll likely be months before I can find someone else.

Better get used to being alone in my cold basement room until then.

Onto business. As usual, midterms have reared their ugly head. But the load is light, I'm taking like 3 courses this term so we'll be only faced with 2 next week, Sociology and Linguistics 101. There's another Linguistics exam later this month but that'll be later.

In the meantime, Sociology is soft. Like, really soft stuff. I'll just need to read through the papers we've been assigned, memorize all the definitions, good to go.

Linguistics 101 on the other hand is learning a new language. I really need to crack open this stuff and start learning it. Making weird noises and what not.

And this is what I'll sound like while reading my notes.

And along the way I've grabbed and started yet another project. Project Copy is underway and will last me until the end of the term. Again, maybe I'm taking on too many of these, but if these keep me occupied and busy, so be it.

I'll give an overview of my projects and updates on Sunday, see you then. I may temporarily switch to posting every 4 days but we'll see how things go.

25 comments:

  1. I read a comic once that said nerds were seen as cold, when really they're being efficient. Yay for things being true. I'm not going to call you cold for searching for a new girlfriend, even passively, I would just advise caution. As for the midterms, it seems people are almost always having midterms. The concept continues to confuse me, but good luck with them. If one of them involves learning a new language, you really should be putting your time and energy in to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Midterms already?!

    Also, nothing wrong with looking for a rebound. (Not in a slutty rebound kind of way...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with the new projects and the hunt on a new girlfriend, Damien!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you could try to find someone online, you just have to filter out the weirdos lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it's cold at all, like you said, you've had a month to get used to the idea. Good luck with all of your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the passive searching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think you're cold at all. I think that's just your way of coping. I Keep myself busy to distract myself from how I feel, and eventually everything is fine. I just need time away from my thoughts. We all do sometimes.

    Well, hopefully you'll meet someone new that has time for you. Until then, keep workin'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear the recovery's going well man, keep up with the good work when it comes to that and your school stuff and you'll be sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like every post I'm writing, "Hang in there!" So how about, "Go eat some chocolate?" Would that be a nice change? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you're moving forward & sounding more hopeful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. O my goodness, I love your eloquent, witty posts! Good on you moving forward, and good luck with the midterms (I am SO glad to be done with that!). O yes, I remember linguistics, and my other all-time favourite, semiotics :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. good to know you are recovering fast

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you are feeling stronger but don't rush into a new relationship on the rebound, that could end in tears too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. welcome back to reality :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its great that you have decided to move on...some people just get stock to that and ruin there lives up !

    All the best for mid terms...Do well :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good to here that you've "recovered". I have 3 tests next week and 1 the following. They're going to be tough tests but at least they're not Midterms. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I studied Russian for 9 years, and the linguistics aspect of language acquisition always made my brain hurt. Good luck with that! You seem analytical enough that I think you'll get it much more quickly than I!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yey to yay for putting Psychology to use! Good to know you're good!

    But here's another unsolicited advise from a much older person than you (who is me) - don't rush things. I mean don't intentionally try looking for a new girlfriend. Since the last time (Theresa) was 4.5 years, why not try being single for now?

    But when somebody comes along without you intentionally looking, then why not? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Keep busy, keep healthy and always be optimistic!!

    Good luck!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm as cold and efficient as you are. However, for a girlfriend it's different. Now, if my wife died and a few weeks later I was looking for another wife, that would be "cold." What you're doing is fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. all the best searching ur mrs right :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck with the midterms :> Can't do much more except for looking forward.

    ReplyDelete
  23. what did I miss? you're single? why????! :( gosh. I'm so not updated :(

    ReplyDelete